Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fashion-easta





I salivate earlier and earlier every year as Easter eggs begin to line the shopping centers. Except for this year. It’s Easter, but where is all the chocolate?

I crooned over one egg that my lecturer gave to everyone in my class. It wasn’t enough. The seed has been planted and the taste is there. One small sample and I’m not satisfied. I ponder. What happened to the promotion of Easter this year? Did Cadbury forget to mark an important event on their Calender? Did Lindt decide that their customers have known for at least 1060 years when Easter actually is? I guess I’ll just have to wait a month or two before they start putting Christmas decorations up.

Designers it seems, have taken over the Marketing responsibilities this Easter. Henry Holland created a “Fashion Easter Egg” for Thortons, in a collection that will be shown at London Fashion Week.


Designer eggs. Yummy.


Image: Authors Original 07

No comments: